Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Comfort Zone

The Comfort Zone

If you are still in your Comfort Zone,
this poem is for you.

The Comfort Zone
Author Unknown
I used to have a Comfort Zone
Where I knew I couldn't fail
The same four walls of busy work
Were really more like jail

I long so much to do the things
I've never done before
But stayed inside my Comfort Zone
And paced the same old floors

I said it didn't matter
That I wasn't doing much
I said I didn't care for things
Like diamonds, furs and such

I claimed to be so busy
With the things inside my zone
But deep inside I longed for
Something special of my own

I couldn't let my life go by
Just watching others win
I held my breath and stepped outside
To let the change begin

I took a step and with new strength
I never felt before
I kissed my Comfort Zone "good-bye"
And closed and locked the door

If you are in a Comfort Zone
Afraid to venture out
Remember that all winners were
At one time filled with doubt

A step or two and words of praise
Can make your dreams come true
Greet your future with a smile
Success is there for you!


A poem I pull from Janet Ooi's Forwarded email.. unsure the author.

No comments: