Saturday, January 17, 2009

Burmah road.... what is it in chinese?

I was looking for Penang nice food to eat... "water dumpling", Jiaozi, Gyoza, Mandu, I can't find.. So I decided to use Chinese to find... :) 餃子, 扁食, 水餃, 蒸餃, 煎餃, 鍋貼

As I'm using Vista... had to install the keyboard application. Luckily Vista already have that installed, just need to enable it (ControlPanel -> Classic View -> Regional and Language Option -> Keyboards and Languages Tab -> Change Keyboards -> Click Add -> Find Chinese PRC (Chinese Simplified Pin Yin) and there we go.


I found this site... using chinese . However the street name is called 槟城车水路. How am I going to find that in my GPS? haha.. no chinese input. So I dig some more... and I found this... u won't believe it... It is a table to convert....

English to Hokkien Road Name Conversion from Wiki. And I found out.... 槟城车水路 is Burmah road...!!!!
On to eat "water dumpling" or big wanton :) Wish me luck....

No comments: